Vision, Values and Ethos
As a church school we hold our Christian values at the heart of all that we do.
Our whole school vision for our children is as follows:
Embracing Christian values of kindness, love and joy, from our beautiful location on the Malvern Hills, we nurture our children as unique individuals, celebrating their talents, gifts and differences.
Through a wide and creative curriculum, we encourage them to grow academically, emotionally and spiritually, and so enabling all our children to flourish in life.
‘You’re here to be light, bringing out the God-colours in the world…now that I’ve put you there on a hilltop, on a light stand – shine!’ Matthew 5:14
We achieve this by:
Promoting and integrating our Christian Caring Values taken from Galatians 5:22-23: ‘For the Fruit of the Spirit is Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness and Self Control.’
We ensure that our caring values permeate all that we do here at St James'. We achieve this by;
- Providing challenging and inspiring learning opportunities, both inside and outside the classroom, within a stimulating learning environment and uniquely beautiful setting.
- Putting the individual needs of every learner at the heart of our curriculum.
- Developing a sense of belonging and responsibility throughout the whole school community.
- Valuing ourselves, others and all achievements.
Our school motto ‘Learning Together; Caring Together; Flourishing Together’ is truly at the heart of our work here at St. James’.
Collective Worship at St James'.
We hold collective worship each week in our school hall or in our church the parish of St James'. Each term we focus on a specific value.
Our Worship Committee also help to plan and lead collective worship in our school. They also collect views from the children too.
Love & Joy
Peace & Patience
Kindness & Goodness
Our School Prayer
Thank you for your love each day
We feel it in our work and play
Lead us with your guiding light
to help each other do what's right.
We also take the opportunity in collective worship for spontaneous prayer using the 5 Finger Prayer Prompt
Thumb - pray for those closest to us, family and friends
Pointer finger - pray for those who point us in the right direction
Middle finger - pray for those in power and leadership
Ring finger - pray for those who are weak or sick
Little finger - pray for ourselves
Here are just some of the things our parents say about our school:
- A caring atmosphere between the children
- We love the heart and soul of the school
- A family approach throughout
- A caring environment
- A school which nurtures the children
- Good caring values
- A real sense of community
We are really proud of our school. The best way to understand our vision, values and ethos is to come along and see for yourself – you are very welcome.