Vision, Values and Ethos
Our school motto ‘Learning Together: Caring Together’ is truly at the heart of our work here at St. James’.
Linked to our motto, we have Learning Values and Caring Values; these value sets underpin all that we do.
Our Learning Values aim to develop lifelong learners who are:
Each half-term we have a focus Learning Value that is explored at a whole school level.
Our Caring Values are taken from Galatians 5:22-23: ‘For the Fruit of the Spirit is Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness and Self Control.’
Each month we focus on a different Caring Value in detail, including during Collective Worship and class-based sessions.
Our vision statement is:
‘We are a safe, happy and caring family where we support and enable one another to become confident and inspired lifelong learners. We celebrate our differences and we believe that we all have a part to play in our community and the wider world now and in the future.'
We achieve this by:
- Promoting and integrating our Christian Caring Values of: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness and self-control in to all that we do at St. James’.
- Promoting and integrating our Learning Values of: respect, resilience, resourcefulness, reflectiveness, responsibility and risk-taking.
- Providing challenging and inspiring learning opportunities, both inside and outside the classroom, within a stimulating learning environment and uniquely beautiful setting.
- Putting the individual needs of every learner at the heart of our curriculum.
- Developing a sense of belonging and responsibility throughout the whole school community.
- Valuing ourselves, others and all achievements.
The best way to understand our vision, values and ethos is to come along and see for yourself – you are very welcome.